Friday, January 9, 2009


I'm not a very politically savvy person. I vote, but I don't follow politics, I don't follow politician's careers, and I even have trouble remembering who my senators and congressmen are sometimes. I know, I know, this will be hard to believe, but I'm not even politically correct at times.
So, it's odd for me to be posting on a topic again related to a politician. It's just that this guy Blagojevich really bugs me. His arrogance is unbelievable, the way he appointed a senator to replace Obama, despite being arrested for trying to sell the seat and despite the Democratic Senate Majority Leader stating emphatically that anyone appointed by Blago would not be seated (that turned out to be a lie, by the way--Harry is now BFF with the new appointee).
However, the Governor from Illinois was impeached today. Hurray for the folks who voted to make that happen! There's still an upcoming trial, I know. My advice to those who will have to pass judgment is...well, just look to the right at my favorite sayings. I'm sure there's some sagacity in there somewhere that will help you do your job.

1 comment:

LinnieBell said...

I'm thinking that the comment from your sidebar that is most appropriate for this whole mess is:

"Nitroglycerin...briefcase...hurry."

Definitely some wisdom in that one! :) And is that ugly, slimy toad supposed to be Blago? I hope so, because he's ugly--I mean not attractive--and slimy.

Play These Songs at my Funeral