Sunday, October 19, 2008

Housekeeping Police Called on Rich


St. Louis. Houston. St. Louis. India. St. Louis. Houston. St. Louis. Orlando. St. Louis. Houston. Corpus Christi. Houston. St. Louis. All in 3 weeks time. I'm exhausted! Here is a picture Sarah created at Epcot. I hope she stays in school.

So Lisa is in Provo, to be with T-Bird when little Tweetie Bird is born. I was taking Sarah to school for practice on Friday evening, and we had just pulled into the Wendy's parking lot to grab a hamburger for dinner, when the cell phone rang. Some voice on the other end said something I couldn't understand, and I asked her to repeat herself. She said the same thing again, and I still didn't catch the first part of what she said, but then I heard something about my house alarm going off. I figured out this was an alarm monitoring company (not the one we contracted with, however). I explained we had just left the house 5 minutes earlier, and I was sure it must be a false alarm. She told me she had called the police, and wanted to know if she should call them back and cancel the call. She also said the alarm was from the first floor motion detector. I replied that the dog must have set it off, if she wasn't seeing door or window alarms, and yes, to please call the police and cancel the call. She asked me for the "disarm code", which I provided. I asked if I should go meet the police at the house, and she said there was no need to do so. So, we went ahead and ordered and ate, and I dropped Sarah off at school.

Then, Lisa called me to say the alarm had gone off, and Melody was at the house with the police! Melody is the backup in case the monitoring company can't get ahold of Lisa or me. I explained what had happened, and was somewhat puzzled by the whole thing, as we were assured Oreo was too small to set off the alarm. Lisa then told me that the police said the bedroom was a mess. I knew the bedroom was not a mess when I left. Lisa went on to say the police and/or Melody had told her the bed was not made.

I am now a fugitive. I'm on the run, because I am sure there is a bed warrant out for my arrest; I never meant for this to happen, I'm just so used to leaving each morning with Lisa still in bed (even on weekends I'm alway up early) that I never have the opportunity to make the bed, and it didn't even cross my mind on Friday. And now I'm running from the law. And Melody said all the neighbors saw the police at the house. Oh, the shame of it all!

1 comment:

LinnieBell said...

i love that you see making the bed as an "opportunity!"

Play These Songs at my Funeral